Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dine In: Bagoong Club Resto

I was super blessed to get 5 days off from school this past week. 
Thank you, Frolics! Viva Sto. Niño! :D

I spent a huge part of my so-called vacation dining out and catching up with family and friends. My parents came over from the province to spend time with me and my siblings. On their last night in Manila, we had dinner at this quaint, semi-hidden, but very homey restaurant in the Tomas Morato area.

Presenting: Bagoong Club Resto

This place is famous for using bagoong (obviously!) as their primary ingredient. Reminded me so much of Peanut Butter & Co. Pero siempre, instead of peanut butter, they use bagoong. Ang kulit lang? Haha.




They have nice interiors, right? It's so homey, the phrase "feel right at home" feels like an understatement. As you can see, the receiving area looks much like the living room of an old house. Framed photographs of celebrities who've visited the restaurant hang on the walls. They also have framed newspaper and magazine clippings. Judging from the number of photos on the wall, the place is obviously a hit (especially among celebrities who seek privacy). 





With the wooden tables and chairs, you'd think you traveled back in time - very Rizal-ish, no? :)

Obviously, I fell in love with the resto's interiors. But the food didn't hurt either. We ordered The Bagoong Club Chicken Inasal, Crispy Pork, Laing Espesyal, and Inihaw na Boneless Bangus. The food was a bit salty, given that the main ingredient is Bagoong, but they didn't disappoint! Believe me when I say I was so full. And the laing - to die for!

And before I forget, they serve free appetizer! You'll love their Singkamas with Bagoong. Your choice between Bagoong Asya and Bagoong Umaga. Pero kung magpapaka-choosy ako, I'd trade in the Singkamas for green mangoes. Haha.





So, the food is great and the place is amazing. What else makes the place stand out?
Well, there's free Wi-Fi for one.  Malakas ang signal, I tell you. Haha.
The people are very accommodating. They weren't lying when they said bottomless Iced Tea kasi the waiters are so attentive, they make sure your glass doesn't run out of iced tea.
The security guard was also nice. He even offered to take a picture of me outside the restaurant.
Er, thanks Kuya, pero shy ako. Haha.
And the music? Well, my kind. By my kind, I mean quiet, slow and mostly instrumental lang. Haha.

The resto is perfect for studying, dining out with friends, or even just for spending your alone time. Definitely a place worth going back to.



Visit the Bagoong Club Resto at 
122 Scout Dr. Lazcano, Sacred Heart, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Telephone: 929-5450 • 929-0544
Hours: Mon - Sun 11:00am - 3:00pm • 6:00pm - 11:00pm

For more information, visit their website: 
www.bagoongclub.multiply.com

No comments:

Post a Comment