Wednesday, January 25, 2012

6th Week

I was busy looking at my planner this afternoon, when I noticed that we're already on the 5th week of the year. Time flies so fast, right? Well, to keep up, I decided to turn the page and prepare for week 6. My very cool planner has a saying/ reminder/ quote for every week and the one for week 6 goes like this: "I always keep in my heart and in my mind that I can be loved the way I deserve to be." Pretty deep for only the 6th week of the year, don't you think? Haha.  

Funny, cause it's actually a thought that's been going through my head for the past few days. And it's also one of the promises I made to myself before the year started: to love myself more. I honestly believe that I should love myself because no one is obliged to do that for me. But loving yourself enough is so much different from loving yourself too much.

Allow me to say that I think it's wrong for a person to put himself on a pedestal, to think of himself so highly. There's  honestly nothing wrong with being confident. However, there is something inappropriate about being overly confident. Mind you, everything has its limits.

I can be loved the way I deserve to be.

How much do you deserve? What makes you think you deserve it?

I know someone who's been let down several times before, and she swears she'll find someone who'll realize her worth. She thinks she deserves so much more than what she's getting. Granted that she does, how can she ask that from someone who thinks she deserves less? My point is, you can't make someone love you the way you think you should be loved. What if you're wrong about yourself? Can't you just wait for people to show you how much love you're worth instead of imposing it on them?

I guess it's okay for us to think that we deserve to be loved in a certain kind of way. But if we except too much, we'll end up getting hurt in much the same way. Makes sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment