Friday, January 13, 2012

Hi Ho Silver!

My older sister turned 25 yesterday and this is blog entry is an account of how we celebrated her birthday. 

She was super busy with a school report, she almost didn't notice when the clock struck 12 and she turned a year older. Good thing I bought a chocolate cupcake and some candles just so she could blow a candle on her big day. Given our small space at home, it was really hard to hide the surprise from her. I had to improvise big time and use a little of my acting skills. 

Holding her "birthday cupcake" 

I got her a second surprise when I greeted her on Facebook and posted a link to the blog I wrote especially for her. If you want to read the blog, click here.

Her third surprise was breakfast. Everyone knows I can't cook to save my life, so cooking breakfast for her wouldn't be a good idea. I revisited my scheming genes and came up with an idea! I woke up early - or at least earlier than her, went online and clicked mcdelivery.com.ph. HAHA. Take-outs and deliveries have always been my lifesavers. 

She was so shocked when someone knocked on our door at nine in the morning. Thanks, McDonald's for the prompt delivery! Here's what we got for breakfast:

Longganisa breakfast!

That was my last surprise for the day. Not to sound biased, but I think she was surprised naman. Haha. Mind you, I put in a lot of effort ha. It's really very hard to surprise someone you're with almost 24/7. Lots of creative thinking and resourcefulness were needed. I'm actually thankful that I was able to give her a surprise. One item checked off this year's bucket list! Pero secret lang natin ha, I'm looking forward to surprising more people this year. 

We met up with my two cousins for lunch at Megamall. They were coming from the South, so that was where it was most convenient to meet. When they arrived, we transferred to Greenhills to have lunch there. Labo no? Haha. Kasi we couldn't find a nice place to eat in SM. Pero wag kayong tatawa na we ended up in Don Henrico's instead. Double haha.

The birthday girl posing for a wacky photo with my cousins

Me and the birthday girl

Lunch!
That's what we had for lunch. I was so full, I wasn't able to finish my plate. For a plate that big, it was super cheap! Imagine, for a hundred and seventy five pesos, you have two slices of garlic bread, your choice of chicken and your choice of pasta. Plus, may softdrinks pa! Happy tummy! 

After lunch, we walked around Greenhills, then went back to Megamall to drop off the two gals. We managed to slip in a little shopping. I ended up buying a pair of sunnies, a pair of shoes, a blouse, a shirt and a foldable bag for myself. Ako may birthday? Haha. 

It was generally a good day. I'm glad my sister enjoyed kahit papano. It would have been nicer if she got to celebrate it with the whole family. After all, it's her 25th birthday. It's not everyday you celebrate your silver anniversary in this world. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ATE! Don't worry, you still have 6 years to go before they cross your age off from calendars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment