Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Open Letter to the Birthday Girl

My older sister is celebrating her birthday today. Every year, thinking about a more creative way to greet her is getting harder. For lack of creative juices, here's my birthday greeting for this year. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ate,

Guess what? It's your birthday today! Because it's your birthday, deserve mo ang blog na ito.
At dahil 25 ka na, I'll give you 25 reasons why you're one of God's biggest blessings. 

It's because
   ... you lend me your clothes. And money. But mostly clothes.
   ... you never forget to buy me pasalubong.
   ... you ALWAYS let me have the balat sa likod ng KFC chicken.
   ... you don't sleep until I do, even if I have tons of homework.
   ... you let me have your share of ice cream.
   ... you let me use your Facebook account so I can play Tetris Battle.
   ... you wash the dishes whenever I'm late for school.
   ... you watched Contagion and Love Me If You Dare with me, even if it was against your will.
   ... you went with me to the Manila Ocean Park for a science project.
   ... you're friends with my best friends.
   ... you understand my kakuriputan.
   ... you rarely make fun of my fashion sense.
   ... you don't think twice about sharing your perfume with me.
   ... you cook for me and you clean the banyo.
   ... you go with me far-off places to fulfill my endeavors (think MOA, Pasay, and the PNSB).
   ... you laugh at my jokes.
   ... you always let me have the huling subo ng pagkain.
   ... you tolerate my love for Coke.
   ... you often offer to pay for the pamasahe, sa jeep or tricycle lang ha.
   ... you listen to my stories about law school and life in general.
   ... you go with me to UP just to eat fishballs and kwek-kwek.
   ... you bear with my kind of music.
   ... you download games for me on your iPod.
   ... you take care of me whenever I get drunk after the annual Reynoso Christmas party.
   ... I know you love me just as much as I love you.

Happy birthday, dear sister! Thank you for everything! And I'm not just saying this to sound showbiz or because it rolls off the tongue. I mean it in every word. Thank you.

I wish you love, happiness and twenty more lifetimes. 

Love,
Angie


"Happiness is having a sister, sharing a sandwich, getting along. Happiness is singing together when the day is through. And happiness is those who sing with you." 
- Lea Salonga, Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment