Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dine In: Uncle Cheffy

It'll be Christmas in 8 days! I have some sort of Christmas countdown here. Haha. Excited beyond words! 

Anyway, this post is dedicated to my first Christmas dinner this year. My law school friends and I usually have dinner on special occasions - last day of classes for the semester, start of Christmas break, etc. We wanted to make the Christmas dinner an annual thing, so we agreed on a specific date and time for it this year. Unfortunately, some of them couldn't make it due to work and other prior commitments. So, the four of us, with the latest addition to our group, settled for a dinner plus movie night.

Our choice of resto? Uncle Cheffy at Robinsons Magnolia. I've never been to any Uncle Cheffy branch, or to Robinsons Magnolia before. It was definitely a memorable first for me. 

Everyone was just so hungry that day. We decided to have dinner even if it was just around five o'clock in the afternoon. Here's what we ordered:





Brick Oven Panizza. It was my first time to eat a panizza, and I didn't know how! Haha. Apparently, you have to take a slice of the pizza (which isn't shaped its usual triangular way), some tomatoes, and other leafy vegetables. (Forgive me for being really bad at this; I'm not really a vegatable fan. Haha.) You're supposed to place the toppings on top of the pizza, and then roll them together. It was like eating a small shawarma. But you had the say on how much toppings to put. You can even eat the pizza as is. In all fairness ha, it tasted really good!


Cream Dory. I have to say I expected more from this dish. I was disappointed when I took a bite and found it to be bland. It lacked that salty flavor I was expecting.


All Meat Barbecue Platter. We already ordered the cream dory, so we settled for an all-meat platter, which was super filling! The platter was a combination of chicken leg, lamb breast, beef and pork ribs, served with barbecue sauce, chimichurri (which they explained was their own concoction), and tomato salsa. It was more than enough for five people. I don't eat lamb, so I chose to devour only the beef and pork ribs. The sauces are refillable, and I think we asked for a refill of the barbecue sauce four times!

We spent around two thousand pesos for the food. It was a bit pricey, but we went home with happy tummies. I guess that's what you'd consider value for money.

Here's to more food escapades before Christmas day. Happy Christmas, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment