Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dine In: Ally's All-Day Breakfast Place

I'm not a morning person, and I don't usually do breakfast. I'm used to waking up really late, so late that I can even skip brunch. Haha.

But I love breakfast food. I mean, who doesn't? Breakfast food is something I enjoy having for lunch, afternoon snack or dinner. Think Silog, Pancakes, Waffles. Waah! Just thinking about them makes my mouth water. And that's not good 'cause it's actually almost two o'clock in the morning. I should be sleeping and not thinking about breakfast food in the wee hours of the morning!


For me, breakfast food is one of life's best comfort foods. I think about peanut butter pancakes when I feel like celebrating a small achievement or when I flunked a recitation in school. I order tocilog when I can't think of anything else to eat. Breakfast food is a lifesaver, and I'm the living proof. Haha.

So I was so ecstatic when I saw a new breakfast place while browsing Spot.ph. My eyes twinkled when I found out it was just one tricycle ride away from where I live. Sweet! I spent a few minutes of my precious time going through blogs about the place and thinking about what to order. It was another battle between pancakes and tocilog.

Needless to say, I wasted no time dragging my sister to Ally's All-Day Breakfast Place.
 



I'm not sure why most restaurants choose orange and yellow hues as the main colors for their interiors. Think Pancake House and Jollibee. But I'm glad Ally's decided to jump on the bandwagon. The place gives a really fun, happy and sunny vibe. And I mean that in the most literal sense. See their cute sun overhead light? Lakas maka-good vibes! 


Ally's isn't very big, but for a restaurant that's just starting, I think their space is perfect. It's spacious enough to accommodate, maybe 5 groups in one sitting. And they also have chairs outside where other customers can sit when the inside's full.


They have a small counter where their truffles, cupcakes and pancake sprinkles are displayed. And yes! Before I forget, Ally's is one of the few breakfast places where you can make your own pancake. Their pancakes are cheaper than the competition, so you won't have to worry about having three to four layers in one go and breaking the bank. They have a pancake/waffle step-by-step form you can fill up, and they'll do the rest of the cooking for you. Their pancake-making steps are as easy as one, two, three. You can even name your own creation. Cool, right?



I love their centerpiece! I had to stop myself from taking the small flowers home. Ate and I used them as props for our selfies (which won't be shown here, don't worry). And their placemats can greet you good morning in any language. Imagine a placemat saying "Magandang umaga po" any time of the day. Haha.


Ate wanted to try their bestselling Classic Beef Tapa, but it wasn't available. Talk about bestselling. Haha. So she ordered what she thought was the next best thing - Adobo Flakes! She found it a bit too sour, but I thought it was perfect. I love sour dishes so it suited my palate. I didn't have to add vinegar. And the egg came with two yolks. How cute. Haha. The dish came with a glass of iced tea, so it was pretty much a winner. Ate was nabitin so she went for an extra order of bacon strips. I was too hungry I forgot to take a photo. Sorry.


I was really craving for pancakes, but I was scared to make my own, so I got myself Ally's Signature Crunchy Chocolate Pancakes. It's three classic pancakes with Nutella spread, rice crispies, whipped cream and classic syrup. It had me at Nutella. Haha. The pancakes were soft and moist, and Ally's served them hot from the pan. Yum! That moment, I felt sorry for everyone who doesn't love chocolate. Haha. It also came with a glass of iced tea, so I had to forgo the soda.

I think Ally's is one of the best breakfast places I've been to. It has that quiet and homey feel that makes you want to go back and order another set of pancakes. Haha. Next time I visit, I'll probably try their truffles, or their waffles, or their pastas, or their french toasts. Waah! There's so much more to experience at Ally's. I wish I have five stomachs to fit all the food I plan to eat.

Good job, Ally's! Brace yourself 'cause I'm coming back for more. That's for sure! :)


Visit Ally's All-Day Breakfast Place at:
50 Malingap Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City
Mobile number: 0906.444.3878
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllysAllDay

No comments:

Post a Comment