Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dine In: Pino Resto Bar

Hi there!

So it's been more than two months since my last blog post and boy, did I miss writing! I've been really busy with school. The past weeks were mostly just bahay-school-bahay for me. I'd go out with my sister, my cousins or my friends whenever I had the chance, but I haven't done anything or visited any place blog-worthy in the last two months. Yes, my usual boring self got even more boring. Haha.

I took Saturday classes this semester. And for us students, that means staying at home on a Friday night. I feel really sad whenever I look out the window and see an empty parking lot, which means all the neighbors are out enjoying themselves. So to make up for boring Fridays, Ate and I would take a walk along Maginhawa St., which Ramon Bautista proudly refers to as Maginhawa High Street, to look for a new spot where we can have dinner.

Pino Resto Bar isn't along Maginhawa, but it's very close to the famous Eat Street of Quezon City. I've read several reviews of the restaurant online, but I haven't found the time to drop by and eat. I've had lunch in their sister restaurant, Pipino, once back in college. Pipino serves vegan food, I think, so I've never actually bothered to go back.

Ate, on the other hand, has heard about Pino's famous Kare-Kareng Bagnet, so when one of my classes got cancelled, she dragged me there to have dinner. Well, she didn't really have to drag me after promising to foot the bill. Hahaha.

When we got there, the place was just half full but after a few minutes, more people started coming in. It became really packed that I got too shy to take pictures for this post. No worries, the ninja in me was able to take photos of what we ate. Here they are:


Bacon and Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast. Well, this needs no further explanation. I liked that they put mustard on top of the chicken breasts. It added a different flavor to what seemed like your usual cordon bleu. Aside from the mustard, what set this dish apart was the rice. Yes, the rice! I didn't think the Mango Rice would match the Bacon and Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts, but it did! I imagined a confusing mix of flavors given the bacon, the cheese, and the mango (which was perfectly sweet). Surprisingly, they made a great combination. The serving was quite big for me so I ended up taking half of the meal home. Hooray for take out!


Kare-Kareng Bagnet. Ate ordered this to satisfy her craving. I'm not really a fan of Kare-Kare so I just took small bites out of the three huge slabs of Bagnet. The meat was tender, and you can really taste the peanut butter. Ate loved it, but she also thought the serving was too big. She also ended up taking a portion of the meal home.

After that very heavy meal we had, I'm not sure I have any plans of coming back to Pino very soon. I'll probably let my tummy recover first. Haha.

So there. I hope you enjoyed my spur-of-the-moment adventure. And I also hope I can post more adventures between now and the coming semestral break. Crossing my fingers!


Visit Pino Resto Bar at:
39 Malingap Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PinoRestoBar

No comments:

Post a Comment