Monday, August 6, 2012

Dine In: Five Cows

Metro Manila has been experiencing some serious rain these past few days. And because classes get suspended almost every other day, I've been stuck at home watching Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy. Yes, I didn't quite understand The Dark Knight Rises, so I had to watch the first two films, which didn't disappoint, by the way. The only time I was able to go out was last Saturday, but even then it was raining hard in the city. Ay naku, kebs. Being stranded inside the mall was so much better than being cooped up at home.

Ate and I went to Five Cows for lunch. The last time we were there was four or five years ago. Sobrang tagal na. I remember, we met this very nice waiter there named Brian. He was so accommodating, that when they asked us to fill up a suggestion form, we recommended that he be promoted to the position of manager. Haha. Sadly, I didn't see him there last time. Baka he changed his career path already. Anyway, we've always wondered why this cute little resto and ice cream bar is named that way. And until now, we haven't come up with a decent answer. Isa lang naiisip namin na reason: you'll end up feeling like you weigh as heavy as five cows after eating their yummy food. And devouring their heavenly ice cream cakes!


Chicken Fingers and Fries with Salsa and Garlic Dip


Liempo with Java Rice. Believe me, two people can eat this. Parang for lunch and dinner na!


To die for S'mores Ice Cream Cake

Forgive me for the orange-y pictures. I really don't know how to adjust my camera settings. Anyway, the food still looks good diba? Kain construction worker kami ni Ate, and true enough, we felt as big and heavy as five cows. Haha. I'd definitely go back for more, especially for their ice cream cakes. The good thing is, they serve the cakes in slices so you don't have to worry about buying a whole cake that'll just melt in a couple of hours.

What I look forward to trying on my next visit: the Baked Spinach and Cheese Spread, the Flaming Alaska and the Ferrero Crunch Supreme.

Five Cows is really a happy place for dessert lovers like me! Happy eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment